Hello to any who venture forth on the journey that is my mind.

I am currently an Electronics Technician and a college student. In what little spare time I have I like to write songs and poetry as a way to ground myself. The lack of time to process my daily thoughts leads to some interesting poems / lyrics when I finally sit down and sort them out.

I decided to create a poetry / lyric blog because I realized that there is no point in taking so much time to carefully create and coddle a piece of work and not share it with others. I do warn that not all of my work is family friendly, there is some cussing at times. It is not meant to be offensive, it is meant to be expressive.

I tend to write a lot about the things in this world that disturb me, like the horror film director that painstakingly creates a scene about a childhood nightmare that terrorized him during his innocent slumbers. In a way this is meant to be a wake up call. I hope and pray that you won't press the snooze button!!

I really hope that anyone who happens by this blog enjoys what you read. Feel free to let me know what you think!!

-Philip

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Water Bill Past Due

Alone I sit,
Alone I stew,
My mind it races,
I’m coming unglued,
The red dragon has come,
My town left in blazes,
And I see no water for acres and acres,
Shiny hook has been baited,
Living death is instigated,
The grave it sits,
Stony and solid,
The water it boils,
That bubbling sound,
The ashes of life are sprinkled,
Across eternity,
A never ending fable,
Is this what I get,
For giving up,
Is this what I get,
A selfless rut,
I tried my best,
I dug my own grave,
Now alone I sit,
I wish I could have changed,
I wish I could have changed,
But it was too late,
My mistakes they were grave,
I followed the path,
Led before me,
And now here I sit,
For all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment