Hello to any who venture forth on the journey that is my mind.

I am currently an Electronics Technician and a college student. In what little spare time I have I like to write songs and poetry as a way to ground myself. The lack of time to process my daily thoughts leads to some interesting poems / lyrics when I finally sit down and sort them out.

I decided to create a poetry / lyric blog because I realized that there is no point in taking so much time to carefully create and coddle a piece of work and not share it with others. I do warn that not all of my work is family friendly, there is some cussing at times. It is not meant to be offensive, it is meant to be expressive.

I tend to write a lot about the things in this world that disturb me, like the horror film director that painstakingly creates a scene about a childhood nightmare that terrorized him during his innocent slumbers. In a way this is meant to be a wake up call. I hope and pray that you won't press the snooze button!!

I really hope that anyone who happens by this blog enjoys what you read. Feel free to let me know what you think!!

-Philip

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The day Lifes Novelty Died

There was a time when excitement ensued,
New cuss words, new friends, and new shoes,
Counting, waiting, endlessly it seemed,
To be an adult,
To do what I pleased,
Then unwelcome one day came,
The day when all the colors fade,
The day the wrinkles appear on my eyes,
The day when life’s novelty died.

All those years I waited for what?
To fight for my country?
To pay taxes?
To give up . . .?
All my imaginary dreams,
All the things I hoped I’d be,
And to show up here with my tank empty?
What o what did I do,
To deserve the misery, my ends fraying loose.

That’s how I feel,
Deep down inside,
Sunken, and beaten, and filled with strife,
This is not how I pictured the days of my life,
To go back now, if only I could,
To the time when life was like a magical book,
And in my hand I hold the magical pen,
The key to make my life what I want it to be,
Then I awaken and realize it all was a dream . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment